Applications for Lawful Permanent Residence and Citizenship

Lawful Permanent Residence

Lawful permanent residence can be obtained in two different ways, through an immigrant visa and consular processing (outside the United States) or adjustment of status (inside the United States). There are special rules that govern when an individual may apply for a green card from within the United States or whether he or she must leave the country and apply for an immigration visa abroad.

I understand the complex rules, requirements, and procedures and will help you comply with USCIS policies so that your application is accepted without additional delay. I can advise you regarding what you need to do, as well as help you collect and prepare all of the documents needed in addition to the application.



If your family member needs a waiver for fraud, unlawful presence, prior deportation, criminal convictions, or health-related grounds, I can work with you and prepare the waiver request.



Becoming a U.S. Citizen is a momentous decision that allows you to travel freely on a U.S. passport, to vote in upcoming elections, and enhances the opportunities for your family’s immigration. Generally, individuals who have been lawful permanent residents of the U.S. for at least five years (or three years for those married to U.S. citizens), may be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship. I can assist you with applying for citizenship, as well as advising on special issues such as prior criminal convictions, complex immigration histories, prolonged absences from the U.S., employment overseas, fraud, and tax issues. Additionally, I am experienced in preparing responses to Requests for Evidence and preparing clients for and representing them at N-336 hearings. If necessary, I can represent you in a request to have the district court review a denial of your application for citizenship.

Citizenship can also be acquired or derived from parents and grandparents in certain situations. If you believe that you may have acquired or derived citizenship through a parent or grandparent, I can research the issue and assist you with applying for your Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. Passport.