Consular Processing and K Visas

Consular Processing

Consular processing is the process which allows beneficiaries of an approved immigrant petition to apply for an immigrant visa and permanent residency at a U.S. consulate abroad.   Once an immigrant petition is approved it is forwarded by USCIS to the National Visa Center, an agency operated by the Department of State.  The National Visa Center and a Consular Office abroad coordinate the gathering of information and documents required to complete the process. Once all information has been submitted to the National Visa Center, the Consulate will schedule an in-person interview at which time additional documentation, which typically includes a medical exam, police certifications/clearance letters, and photographs, etc., will be collected.


K Visas for Fiancée and Spouses of U.S. Citizens

A K1 visa allows a fiancée of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States, get married shortly after his or her arrival, and adjust status to that of a permanent resident after marriage.

A K3 visa allows a spouse of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States and complete the permanent residency process in the United States. In order to qualify for a K-3 visa, the U.S. citizen spouse must file an I-130 immigrant petition on his or her spouse’s behalf.

I can assist you with your consular processing case or assist you in obtaining a K visa so that you may be reunited with your loved one(s).